Gas oven tripping MCB

OK, I've abandoned the plastering until it gets a bit cooler [and sounds like the heat may be a cause of the problem anyway...! :-) ]

Have now turned my attention to our faulty oven, as I'm getting pissed off with microwaved food! It's a simple built-in gas oven (Electrolux EOG 660) which all of a sudden has started tripping the MCB of its circuit as soon as you try to turn it on.

I'm thinking some or other component must have failed, so can't be too hard to sort...???

I've whipped the top off and with the help of a circuit diagram helpfully stuck to the top, have been attempting some diagnostics (I've uploaded a copy here: )

So here's where I am so far:

Have checked the spark electrodes for both grill and oven are clean and not obviously shorting out; MCB trips if I try to turn on either the grill or the oven (these are separate taps); Disconnected leads L1 and L2 from the spark generator, which I was suspecting as dodgy - that did indeed allow me to turn on both grill and oven knobs without tripping, but as soon as I opened the oven door (actioning the oven door microswitch), that tripped the MCB!

Any thoughts as to how to narrow down the fault?

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

The message from Lobster contains these words:

My money would be on the varistor.

However, the best way would be to pull the live feed from each switch/relay in turn until things stop going wrong.

Reply to
Guy King