Gas Isolation Valve

At present, the gas fire isolation valve is above the floorboards and sits flush on it. I will be fitting laminate flooring soon and this will raise the floor a half inch. Should I cut a spacer to sit the valve on (out of MDF) to retain the secure fitting?

Will the gas fire fitter need to diconnect the valve under the floorboards to accommodate this half inch change in height?

Thanks,

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

There will usually be enough play in the pipework to be able to move it. Can you pull up on it if you pull gently (10Kg).

Reply to
Ian Stirling