Gas installation query ..

Basically I know very little re gas installation .. but recently my wife has been given a set of gas curling tongues .. question is .. do they have to be corgi installed ? .. And where does one mount the flue ? ..

thoughts please ..

Reply to
ngumwie

hmmm, gas tongs and a CORGI's flue....

The possiblities are endless.

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

In article , ngumwie writes

Curling your tongue is something you can either do or you can't - heated tools are not the answer and may give your mouth a nasty burn . . .

;-)

Reply to
fred

Hmmm - my wife curls her tongue when gassing....

Reply to
Ed Rear

Yes, those gas cartridges they usually use are so expensive. So get a length of rubber pipe and connect it to your mains gas, thus saving maybe up to 1p/session!

All this Corgi stuff is overkill. When I were a lad up North and mains gas was hydrogen we used to fill large bin bags with it from the old wall mounted outlets for lighting. Tie a rag to the bottom, set light to rag and let it float off over the estate.... If you wanted a 2nd hand gas cooker installing in your council flat you got a mate who had a woodwork O Level to connect it up for a pint. So what if some of them exploded and took out the block, gave the residents who survived something to talk about other than their war experiences .... :-)

Reply to
BillR

Northerners. Tsk..... ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I have a plentiful (portable) supply of gas, not too sure where to get the fittings to harness it though?

Reply to
Martin

Owwoooooo !!! :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

DO NOT i repeat DO NOT attempt to install this gas appliance yourself. You MUST be GORGI registered. It is not a DIY task and you will be breaking the law. It says so on a web page somewhere. bandq.co.uk?

It is not worth the risk for the sake of curly hair. I am speaking from no experience what so ever but have heard from somewhere that it is the case.

Are the t> > Basically I know very little re gas installation ..

Reply to
Rich

you will be breaking the law

I understanbd from a CORGI bloke that legally you don't have to be CORGI registered for DIY gas work, only if you do it for reward (finacial or otherwise).

You do have to be "competent" however, and quite what that means that will be decided by the court if you blast/suffocate/poison yourself or someone else. The fact that you did blast/suffocate/poison yourself or someone else will probably go a long way to proving you aren't competent!

As for the gas curlers, the question may have been tongues in cheek. If it wasn't, my advice would be to be very careful, or it could be a case of hair today, gone tomorrow.

W.

yourself.

be

bandq.co.uk?

speaking

that it

tongues ..

gas, thus saving

and mains gas

old wall

light to rag and

council flat you got

pint. So what if

residents who

experiences .... :-)

Reply to
Woodspoiler

perm-anently, in fact.

Something for the weekend?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Something for my weak end would be most welcome.

W.

Reply to
Woodspoiler

Grimly Curmudgeon