gas igniter problem!

Having recently purchased one of those disposable see-through type lighters, I am now left in a position whereby it still contains gas but the flint has completely worn away.. question is, has anyone come across this situation before, and is it possible to replace the flint with a third party item without resorting to the purchase of a completely new unit?

jock.

Reply to
Jock

I assume this is a joke ?. I note the possible scots connection.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Like you say it sounds a bit of a joke but it is quite possible.

Remove metal shield. Prise apart plastic flintwheel holder. Spend 15 minutes looking for wheel and spring that have now shot across the room and landed in a pot plant. Replace in hole under wheel. Insert flint and push down. Spend another 15 minutes trying to push wheel back into it`s holder without spring and flint flying out again. Congratulate self.

Repeat after realising that you`ve put the wheel on the wrong way round and it doesn`t spark. Congratulate self

Feel a bit miffed when you realise that a pack of flints costs as much as a new lighter that is full of gas.

Nowt to it

Will

Reply to
gribblechips

OR.

In the process, break the thin plastic actuating lever to the gas valve. Finish re-assembly. Only then do you realise that you have a lighter, half full of gas, and with a brand new flint, but the damned gas valve won't open.

Reply to
Tony Williams

In message , Jock writes

Yeah - they're called skinflints

available from shops with the word "Troll" written in big letters above the door

Reply to
raden