Gas Fure, restrictor valve, soot fall and removing gas fire to clean this out.

There has been a soot fall behind my gas fire. I need to turn the gas off to the fire at the restrictor elbow so I can remove the fire. Is this something I can do as I want to clean it out ready for the new fire to be fitted, so I will not be putting the old fire back as I have a new fire that a gas engineer is going to fit.

Reply to
John T

Who would know though, if you did it cleaned it and put it back, Assuming you do not blow up the house they would be none the wiser. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff