Gas central heating timer

The timer settings are often stored in non-volitile memory these days and don't require power to maintain them. The back-up battery/capacitor possibly only has to maintain the clock on a power down.

When my kitchen was recently refurbished the mains power to the timer was removed for two days. On re-applying the power the timer had the correct time all of the previous settings and continued to work.

Reply to
alan_m

Hey, that's what I've been looking for.

I have the earlier model but it started playing up so I want a replacement that fits the old mounting. It's in a property I don't visit much, so I couldn't read the model number.

I'm surprised to see it costs over ?60 for what is an old design (mine is over 20 years old) which doesn't seem all that complicated to manufacture.

Reply to
pamela

That should be on a tee shirt!

+1