Garden wall/fence height question

Hi, I have a house where the garden slopes left to right so that the driveway down the side of the right side is a good few feet lower than the floor level of the house. Between the drive and the garden at the back is a brick wall which is about 5' on the garden side and about 8' on the drive side. My drive is adjacent to neighbours drive.

Now, my question is this: Can I add a wooden fence section to the wall to make it up to 2 metres on the garden side or does this count as a high wall/fence & would need planning permission?? If I were to put say a conservatory or porsch on the back that would be more than 2m high & wouldn't need permission, would it?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
adder

As Louis B. Mayer said "I'll give you a definite maybe!" Two meteres is the maximum but there are other factors. Take a look here

Peter Crosland

No prizes to anyone who suggests that a 911 propped up on my patio might take up too much room!

Reply to
adder