Garden Hut

Been seeing these spring up around the garden centres, with price tags of £

6k to £ 9k+!!

me the DIY'er could build this at a fraction, even the build is detailed at the bottom of the page.

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the ground or just affixed to the base? whats your thoughts?

TIA

Reply to
Vass

As a hard standing is already in place, from the pictures it's clear the poles are attached to the base only. Not too keen on the look myself.

Reply to
Nitro®

No walls? Tools and machinery would go rusty!

Reply to
PeterC

Just attached, I guess, which is slightly horrible. I'd attach a tie between the tops.

Tone down the tiki, go with a UK species green roof on the top, and it wouldn't be a bad thing in the larger garden.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In the sun they look great but what about the other 10 months of the year? Bit of a liability IMO keeping them free of mildew and rodent infestation.

Reply to
pcb1962

Called Gazebos when they've got a more shed like roof.

mark

Reply to
mark

Blimey - it has only been hot for about two days...........................

Reply to
John

British people go nut when there is a hint of warmth (which they have the right too as our weather is so crap). It would only usful for 2 months of the year and have rotted away in 5 years.

Reply to
zaax