Conservatory drainage and existing rainwater sewers

Hello -

I recently discovered that the guttering downpipe of the largish (12 square metre) conservatory of my recently bought house just goes into the clay and ends, right next to the footings. There's not even anything resembling a soakaway, which might explain why the conservatory is moving a bit.

So, I've added a bit more guttering, and the conservatory now drains into one of the downpipes on the main house, which in turn drains into a shared rainwater sewer. It's definitely a rainwater sewer, because the drainage plans show separate rainwater and foul sewers serving the house.

Do I need some kind of building regulations approval for doing this? Some on-line discussions suggest this is required.

Reply to
Mr UPVC

No idea of the regulations, but it was like that when you moved in, wasn't it (yes) if you are asked!

Reply to
Toby

You might if you were installing a new gulley and connecting into the sewer below ground, but from what you say, you're not - you're just putting additional water into an existing downpipe. So no regulations to worry about. [Personally, I wouldn't bother for that sort of thing, even if there were!]

Reply to
Roger Mills