Garage door problems

I've got a bog-standard (B&Q, IIRC) up-and-over garage door, which has just gone ping.

I opened it the other day, to find the big coiled spring had come off the fitting at the end, so there's no tension whatsoever left - gravity is in charge. I had an attempt at refitting it to the end, but of course it needs to be wound on under tension...

Spring above the door -

quadrant casting is what was completely detached from the spring.

The steel wires which hold up the door have unwound and just dangle uselessly

LH

garage itself is not long for this world, but some kind of interim solution (other than the current bit of wood as a prop...) or suggestions of how to refix and tension it properly would be appreciated... Your thoughts?

Reply to
Adrian C

-

The quadrant casting is what was completely detached from the spring.

The fittings look identical to my Henderson garage door which I repaired recently. They are on the web

have a very efficient spares service (my door is 35 yrs old). You can buy a re-tensioning kit for winding the spring up again.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Mmmm. They do look similar. I'll have a good look over it, see if there's any branding on the hidden bits.

Just over a tenner. Seems fair.

Reply to
Adrian