Fused neutral cutout.

eys are under twenty miles. Many are less than five.

The advantage of high depreciation is you can buy an almost new car very ch eaply. Which is what I did. (375 miles on clock, a year old, £7000 dis count).

I think you wife would be cheaper to get a taxi.

After you've owned an electric car, you don't want to go back to ICE.

A new battery for my car would be £7000. (Had one free under guarantee ) Hopefully battery technology has improved on new one

In Summer fuel = zero cost, (solar panels)

Reply to
harry

harry

Can it fit a ton of tools and gear in the boot? Does it have air con? I will of course need the roof bars for the ladders, pipe tube and anything else I need to take such as dado, conduit.

Reply to
ARW

With 6 inches of celotex ?. Doubt it.

cars leak heat faster than a victorian solid-walled semi.

Reply to
Andrew

In winter fuel = zero (walk or cycle everywhere).

Reply to
Andrew

At least you could refuel a gas powered car rather more quickly than electric. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and as usual harry posts a link of absolutely no relevance to the discussion...

Reply to
John Rumm

Adam has had a few like that by the sounds of it - lethal buggers.

Reply to
John Rumm

Well shit-fer-brains, zigzag connected transformers were common here once to supply rectifiers for DC for trolleybuses and trams. The center tapped secondary coils are linked and earthed. And are still common in the USA

Reply to
harry

Yup, but irrelevant

yes

Reply to
John Rumm

If Harry were right there'd have been no need for the double pole breakers in the handful of US apartments we've stayed stayed in over the years. Or to be more precise, double pole breakers or 2 single pole breakers with the handles locked together in some circs.

No knowledge of the days of fuses but searching suggests you were right about fuses on both sides - eg

The search also revealed that Adam's cousins seem to have had a very large slice of the market for pull-out dual fuse carriers for domestic supplies for a while, something that was news to me:

Robin

They have double pole breakers because both poles are live to earth on 220V supplies

Reply to
harry

I am doing some lighting business in UK

I want to DIY some lighting with led ,How about this supplier :

lightstec

Never tried em, but based on their clueless self promotion via spam to a newsgroup, I would steer well clear.

Reply to
John Rumm

That's what I want to know.

32A wouldn't be a problem. 50kW would be. I don't have that much to the house (100A = ~24kW).

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Given I have 100A to the house taking more than 63A out would be greedy :) - we both want an induction hob in the new kitchen for a start. But the cable is fixed - sparky was happy that it was sized correctly for the 63A RCD, and it was already running out to the old garage. Replacing it would have meant removing the weatherboarding on the house.

I'll have to ask him if the cable is big enough for any more than that.

Must also ask about RCBOs...

Thanks Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It's sometimes interesting to check permissible efli for 63A type C 60898 mcbs and compare that figure with available conditions. Most of the 2391 students I did practical assessment of struggled with what they met on the official test rig.

Reply to
Cynic