Furred up DHW pipe

We are in a hard water area and our feed from the hot water tank to the bath has gradually slowed over the years. Cold water tank in loft is galvanised iron and pipe work is 3/4" copper is there any means of increasing flow other than replacing tank and pipes, like re circulating a mild acid?

AJH

Reply to
news

Most scale production is in the cylinder and it collects in the bottom of the cylinder. Eventually the level builds up until it covers the cold inlet pipe and constricts the flow. Draining and removing the cylinder is usually a right PITA and it will take a while to dissolve the scale with acid and might damage the cylinder which could be paper thin in places due to corrosion. You will only find this when it has all been re-installed.

The downside of a new cylinder, will be that the unions are almost certain to be in a different place and need adjustments to the pipework. If you do replace it, try and get one with a sacrificial anode which will help reduce corrosion in future.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

snipped-for-privacy@sylva.icuklive.co.uk wrote in news:cjn4ba9btllf05puffsh4tu9vcm5oadtci@

4ax.com:

I have just noticed that the circuit board has the word "BUZ" next to the connection. It has never made a sound! The edge of this had come off the board.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Plus get proper water softener. Ieone you add salt to, not one of these snake oil magnetic/electronic objects..

Reply to
harryagain