Fridge thermostat

Hi,

Out of interest really after trying to fix a failed fridge freezer (turned out to be leaking refridgerant so not an economical repair)...but I suspected the thermostat

... Sooo basically the thermostat is located in the fridge with a dial infront of it with 1-5.. I removed the plastic covering, and the dial and say the stat it had 4 prongs, one which of which had push on connectors going to it but also has a metal tube sorta affair hair wired for want of a better word to it, I guess the pipe that measures the refridgerant temperature ?

My question is if it was the thermostat how would you change it if this metal pipe is built into the stat ?

Thanks

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

You replace the whole lot, tube and all.

Reply to
newshound

Many such machines can be refilled with butane and work.

NT

Reply to
Tabby