Fridge over cooling

My Zanussi Fridge/Freezer has started running about 4 degrees colder than usual. With the thermostat dial set to 5 it normally sits at about 5 degrees, last few days it has been nearer to zero and some food is starting to freeze, have turned it down one notch but still the same. Any ideas??

Thanks

Roger

Reply to
Roger

Some fridge / freezers control the fridge temp crudely- sometimes just a flap that circulates cold air from the freezer. If the freezer isn't controlling its temprature correctly, the fridge gets extra cold.

I'd try defrosting the freezer first- easy to do and (with some fridge freezers we've had) may do the trick.

Reply to
Brian Reay

whats the freezer temp? Is the compressor running continuously?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Have you put too much in it, or left wrappers (paper or plastic) loose reducing air flow? Air needs to circulate easily inside a fridge, and if it can't, it's common for some areas to freeze whilst others are too warm.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The freezer is off the scale (too low) and the freezer fan appears to be running constantly. I have turned the dial down another notch in the fridge and it's holding at about 4 degrees. This is two positions lower then it's normal setting. The freezer is a frost free type. Does this point to a faulty thermostat in the freezer?

Thanks

Roger

Reply to
Roger

If both fridge and freezer sections are too cold I would very much suspect the thermostat myself.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Is there an evaporator in the back of the fridge (does it get frozen/wet) or is it a full blown air system (blown air from freezer)

Colin

Reply to
Colin T