fridge freezing

I have a zanussi fridge freezer, a freezone. Its a 50/50 split fridge with the the frige compartment at the the top. Occasionaly the fridge freezes some of the produce . Usually the stuff at the back. the freezer seems to over freeze and you can'y open the shelf units as there is too much frost. I have changed the thermostat and the problem continues. I also dspoke to a fridge repair bloke who said it might be the wrong thermostat, but I don't think that is the problem. Any other ideas as to what it might be?

Reply to
nthng2snet

How long is it taking to frost up (and you have defrosted it havent you!)

The fromst comes from the moisture in the air, so if you leave to door open, it will frost up very quickly - are all the door seals ok?

Do you have a thermometer to test the actual temprature in the fridge and freezer?

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

not familiar with this model is it a frost free one?

Reply to
mindwipe

Reply to
nthng2snet

the door seals look ok. it was defrosted about 3 weeks ago. It seems to over freeze , that is, it will keep freezing the freezer untill the door cannot be closed. It will also freeze the produce at the back of the fridge, to the point that you can break thin clear ice from the back of the fridge. The produce at the back of the fridge ia also partially frozen. the model is Zanuss1 Freezone ZFC-61/27

Reply to
nthng2snet

Commonly caused by too little airflow inside the fridge, so different parts of it run at significantly different temperatures. This can be due to overfilling so there's no space around things, or too many loose wrappings blocking airflow between things.

Nothing to do with over freezing, but due to too much moisture in the freezer. This is most likely coming in through the door, possibly due to the door seal not sealing (check it grips a till receipt all the way round), too frequent opening of the door, not always fully closing the door, etc. Another possible source of moisture is from the food inside the freezer if it's not sealed well enough -- it will get freeze dried and the moisture will appear as ice inside the freezer.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

on 08/10/2005, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net supposed :

Could it be due to failing water logged insulation?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield