[SOLVED] Freezer drawer repair (2023 Update)

Presumably 3M 8561 tape is for indoor helicopters, and 3M 8671 tape is for outdoor helicopters?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It is actually specified for protecting the leading edge of helicopter blades against foreign object damage. It does make you wonder why they offer separate indoor and outdoor grades though.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I once had a helicopter lift postponed because there was a tiny piece of the tape on the leading edge of the tail rotor come loose. Even though we knew it was there, it was hard to find, but the pilot would not fly until it had been fixed with the right tape. Which had to be brought in from somewhere else, of course.

Since it was absolutely p.....g with rain, we weren't too upset at the delay to a better day.

Reply to
Davey

Years ago I saw a photo where a helicopter's blades (indoors) had collided with the wall & taken out a slice.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My mind boggles as to why she's replying to an eleven year old post. H O H, naturally!

Reply to
The Other John

Why do people moan about old threads and want them closed? This ancient thread had more useful relevant info, ideas and banter than any others Google could find on the topic, none of which time has rendered obsolete.

Reply to
Cov

We don't moan, we just rub your stupid nose in the fact that the OP is very unlikely to still be waiting for an answer to the original question.

No one has said that.

But the OP is very unlikely to still be waiting for an answer to the original question.

Reply to
chop

As a rule though, this is not the case when somebody gives a fix for somebody elses problem from years ago. One of the other problems with Home Owners club is that it allows pictures to be posted which cannot be seen outside on Usenet, and of course, does not actually quote the original message either. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It's because of what you have just posted to the Usenet (and not a web site). Your post is completely meaningless because we don't know what you are writing about. You haven't quoted anything that you are referring to. The original posting to the Usenet disappearance 15 years ago!

Reply to
alan_m

If the posts are no longer available on any Usenet server it is at least arguable that homeownershub.com making a copy freely available is a "good thing".

Reply to
Robin

It could be argued to be a good thing, but only if posters were encouraged to quote the message they're replying to by default.

Also, not all posts are kept by homeownershub.com. And they intentionally encourage visitors to reply to posts that are years old.

Reply to
Fredxx

Mostly disappeared.

But way too much work, to regenerate a complete thread that way. By looking up the posts one at a time.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

The problem with the web site the OP is using is that they drag up stuff from 10 to 20 years ago and pretend that is was posted yesterday.

Reply to
alan_m

Not when it is still available on groups google although admittedly the UI is much easier to use than groups.google

Reply to
Rod Speed

They don't pretend it was posted yesterday, each post is very clearly dated.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not when they post it on their opening web pages and it says "Latest" or "Featured"

They used to a have a "can you answer this" scrolling banner with random posts picked from their archives but now they have a picture banner at the top of their opening page with the original question from their archives with an associated "read more" button. At the time of writing one such featured question was asked 15 years ago but that information is not presented with the question on their opening web page.

It's only when a user goes to the linked question/answer that they may realise it's years old. Judging by the number of posts originating from that web site it's obvious that the majority of their users don't see the posting date/year.

Reply to
alan_m