Free: Mathematics books.

But it works, because my three year old can already do basic addition and subtraction. All taught through play. Surprised me.

Reply to
Ben

It's 360 points for if you have no credit courses. The 360 points can be earned by completing 60 or 30 point courses. At the rate of one full 60 point course per year it's six years of study.

Reply to
Nige Danton

I seem to remember it was credits rather than points when I did mine (1972 -1975) but memory may be playing tricks!

No, your memory is correct. The system was changed from full and half credit courses to 60 and 30 points.

Reply to
Nige Danton

Credits is the term used by most places, since they are mean tto be interchangeable.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Amazing what the little bastards will learn if they feel the need. Firstborn's 4 year old, when in the mood, is more than happy to demonstrate she knows every card in the pack and can play a mean game of Fish and while obviously bright is by no means exceptional.

Reply to
steve auvache

Considerably less than any other UK university.

They will have a virtual (pardon pun) monopoly of 'proper degree' distance learning. That's the way it's going for an increasing number not willing/able to pay the post-2012 rates, and not wanting FT or PT campus-based education.

Rob

Reply to
RJH

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 14:52:55 +1100, Tony Bryer wrote in :

Thinking of forming a Brunel team for next year's Christmas University Challenge -- that's you, me, and Jo Brand; who else is a Brunel graduate/faculty[umbrella]?

[umbrella] Nominating Will Self would probably go down as overkill.
Reply to
Ivan D. Reid

"Will Self" and "overkill" are words that normally go together quite well in my book.

Reply to
Huge

+1
Reply to
Bob Eager

Depends what you nominate him for. A modicum of plain old fashioned common sense and having his tongue cut out would go down a treat in some circles I am sure.

Reply to
steve auvache

"Ivan D. Reid" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@smtp.orangehome.co.uk:

Tony Adams - if you aren't winning he'll nobble the opposition

Reply to
wessie

It's based on points: some modules are worth more, some less, though the cost appears to be directly proportional to the points score (soa 60 point module is £2500, for example). ISTR it's 300 for a Plain Jane degree, 360 with honours.

Reply to
PipL