Ford Focus "Engine fault" and "Transmission fault"

If it's anything like the earlier Escort, the fuse box itself gave problems - even although it looked well made.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks, the diagnostic unit should be here tomorrow, so I will give that a go first.

I had loads of fun with vehicle electrics on my Fiat, the loom was impossible to follow so I ended up rewiring odd bits.

Vehicle electrics are a pain!

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

The worst electrics if had on a car was on a Spanish built Vauxhall Nova.

All the plastic bits holding the mating halves of the spade/receptacle connectors were made of some soft cheese like substance so when the car was assembled the spade didn't mate properly with the receptacle as it moved back through the plastic when the forced became to great. I had a few faults where the fix was to remake the connection by just using a screwdriver to prevent one side of the connector moving whilst pushing on the other half.

Reply to
alan_m

On Tuesday, 18 September 2018 20:36:50 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

at least with one of mine there were no fuses to worry about.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My vote would go to a Vauxhall (Bedford) HA van I once had. Super vehicle

- apart from the Delco electrics. Dizzy, alternator and starter motor all broke at low miles. Made me actually appreciate Lucas stuff. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for the info. The thing came through today. Unfortunately the laptop reported seeing the interface, but not the vehicle.

I tried it on the company Mazda too, it seems to recognise that there was a vehicle on the end, but didn't idetify it.

I sent a message to the seller, but it looks like I'm stuck with the companies heap for a while. At least at 76mpg, it's cheaper to run than the Focus. There isn't much else going for it though.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

if you do get it fixed would be helpful if you could post what needed doing as my cousin has a Focas and looking online this seems quite common on older cars.

-
Reply to
Mark