For those who 'get' the internet/networking

Have you updated the firmware in the 2860? I got one quite early on and there were some glaring problems (it wouldn't pass stuff out from port 53 even if the firewall was turned off, for example).

Other than that, check the settings very carefully.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes the only way to prove the point is to move the computer down the road assuming its the same isp and see what occurs there. It sounds like a router issue to me, but why now? Maybe the sites have recently implimented some extra security. Do you have an add blocker, turn it off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Might be a SSL/HTTPS booboo. It's not always on your side. A lot of webservers seem rather broken in that they more or less randomly cut connections. try to bring up your browsers error console. The error messages are not always very telling and sometimes outright arbitrary, so you might have to continue with tshark or similar packet capture tool and maybe ssldump, openssl, s_client to try and replicate the failing request or which part of it triggers the bug in /their/ web server. Then you write angry emails and hope they fix it.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

I had a similar problem with accessing NatWest. I was advised on here to clear all cookies and that seemed to work. Hope this helps, Iain

Reply to
Iain

Does the below mean anything to anyone?

Analytics utag.js:209 [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIURI.host]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/WebRequest.jsm :: canModify :: line 896" data: no] (unknown) [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIURI.host]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/WebRequest.jsm :: canModify :: line 896" data: no]

Reply to
R D S

Broken java script. Very common.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

Looks like javascript was trying to nob some url that it couldnt find.

Been hacked?

Delete all cookies/caches etc etc close browser and retry

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher