For nuclear fans...

yes but we needed people then when the romans left britain.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Oh come on, they can only do that sort of thing for themselves only they need to have two homes everyone else has to commute.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I am more familiar with the other place than Cambridge but, as Dave points out, buses were never in my experience particularly shift-friendly.

The fact is that Cambridge is a nice city, and who would not want to work at a world-class hospital like Addenbrooks. But the main reason they are in deep poo seems to be because they can't get the nursing staff they need. Presumably, because nurses are making market decisions and chosing to work elsewhere.

Reply to
newshound

That was only because they were removed from the dead hand of the Treasury.

Reply to
charles

No, whats wrong with addies is that they are stuffed with administrators who cant administrate, with no overall management system in place

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , at

16:15:52 on Mon, 5 Oct 2015, newshound remarked:

Actually, the main reason they are in financial poo is blowing a nine- figure sum on a failing IT project.

You'd think they could have got some of the local IT egg-heads to succeed for less than that.

Running a few minibus shuttles for nursing staff living ten miles away in a village, pales into insignificance alongside that kind of thing.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Maybe it's the managment system that's pissing them off. I get similar here woth them on meeting producing crap rather than getting anything done. Just been reading the 39 page equality document. No idea what half of it means.

2.8 College to refurbish Engineering Building to ensure it is female-friendly (* up to code)
Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes - when you don't have enough nurses, what's needed is a nice large well paid committee to investigate why.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No no, not the girls, the hostels!

Reply to
Tim Streater

No, I think it's because of the PFI payments on their building.

Reply to
charles

That's the public sector way all right.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , at 17:09:41 on Mon, 5 Oct 2015, charles remarked:

The hospital (as opposed to the fringe medical research facilities) are all too old to be involved in PFI.

Reply to
Roland Perry

It's certainly the way a Tory government runs the private sector. It wouldn't do to run it in an efficient way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I thought that was what privatisation was all about, whatever the industry.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Shift work and times/availabity of buses and the like means a car and that costs that involves....

Reply to
tony sayer

Its getting worse as in that area Astra Zenica are due to open there sometime next year and I believe that they have the best part of a thousand staff coming and the new Papworth hospital is moving there as well so an awful shortage of accommodation looms..

God help anyone contemplating buying in the area. Still there is money around theres a row of small workers terraced houses nearby here and outside one is a new range rover and the other an Aston martin.

Presumably drug co execs;!.

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Roland Perry scribeth thus

Well I was told by a doctor there the other week that when it's OK and working its excellent!.

Still IT and NHS not that confidence inspiring eh;?.

Mind you the old paper system almost put me in an early grave some years ago!.

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

Hence Bidwells et al application for new housing at Linton!

Cambridgeshire has quite a lot of housing trust development. I hope the govt. back pedals on the right to buy extension.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Where's that gonna get built? Local plan was infill only, IIRC.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Perhaps the guided bus should be extended down to Haverhill.

Then there's that land west of Addenbrooke's, just south of the Long Rd Sixth Form College. Looks ripe to me!

Reply to
Tim Streater