Football

+200
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Do you need a striker for a match?

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I watched the 1966 World Cup final. One game of football per lifetime is quite enough.

I've never actually *been* to a game. I hadn't even been inside a stadium until the office Christmas party was at one a few years ago.

I bunked off games unless it was something I wanted to do.

That makes you a raving fanatic by my standards.

Reply to
Huge

I missed that one.

Probably a little excessive IMO

I used to go to rugby matches when I was at University. However, that probably had more to do with the drinking afterwards.

Good for a detention at my school, until cross-country running became an option (5th year I think). The master in charge used to watch us run up a hill, then go back inside the changing rooms to smoke his pipe until pupils started to return. Obviously, most of us went no further than the other side of the brow of the hill, where we waited for the keen ones to return, then waited a bit more before straggling in.

:-)

Reply to
Nightjar

The French are the champions at that.

Reply to
Nightjar

I saw it about a dozen times. Doing foreign language dubs at the BBC for overseas. In a part of TV centre that was still being built. And now it's been closed down.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

played two lost two, Wankers why is this crap on prime time tv

Reply to
Mark

  • 100 + 1 !...
Reply to
tony sayer

+300
Reply to
Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

To entertain the masses.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I think the Christmas party might have had something to do with that, too.

One day, there were so few people at Games that they actually bothered to call the roll, only to discover there were 22 people missing. We were summoned before the The Head. I bunked off that, too, rightly assuming that they wouldn't call the roll for that.

I only made it to the bike sheds.

Reply to
Huge

  • 1

So its you that's causing my mobile broadband to slow to a crawl this last week.

Reply to
djc

I bunked off as my school had a saturday morning session and I was determined to get that lost time back. Had to use the time productively to get parental support or at least a blind eye turned and so did jobs connected with the farm, one joyful "Sports" afternoon I was collecting logs from some woodland where dad had previously cut them and bursting out of bracken and Rhodendron with a Tractor and trailer avoiding a startled headmaster and accompanying wife and free running dog by about two feet . I couldn't stop for a chat as there was a risk of getting bogged down. Summoned to the head next morning the conversation was interesting and brief." What will your father think of you skipping off school sports" " He already knows and thinks I'm better off doing something useful and asked me to tell you that if he finds you walking your dog on our land without permission and off a lead one of you may get shot."

He never bothered to summon me again.

G.harman

Reply to
damduck-egg