Follow-on to my Electrical Re-wire topic

I though Zone 3 was being deleted? (i.e. it will become "outside the Zones")

Reply to
John Rumm

FWIW I can confirm there was no Zone 3 in the draft in December (BS

7671:2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition, Draft for Public Comment) as I was banging my head against it just before reading the above.

I was struggling because the draft also ruled out "switchgear and accessories" in Zones 0-2 other than SELV and shaver units. I was (and am) not clear if that allows unswitched FCUs within Zone 2. I'd concluded on balance not. So a proliferation of FCUs for extractor fans etc could lead to a need for, in effect, a separate CU for the bathroom (at least for those of us with small bathrooms)?

Reply to
Robin

Harmonisation by the back door?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Anyone got a copy of the draft PDF they could mail me?

Reply to
John Rumm

If it was near the back door you'd need an RCD on the socket anyway as it could be used for portable appliances outdoors.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Not confused at all, just gettin' my two penneth in.

ITYM double insulated?

and have no earth connection and no metal casework. So their

Actually, the direct contact risk is (or certainly should be) eliminated with a double insulated appliance.

Agreed. Wasn't disputing that.

Reply to
Rumble

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:33:39 +0000 (GMT) someone who may be "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote this:-

As I said, a matter of personal prejudice. However, in many houses and other buildings I see non-matching electrical accessories.

Reply to
David Hansen

I'd call it taste, but there we go.

Oh, indeed. And PVC windows and doors on period properties. Garden walls made out of non matching bricks to the house. The list is endless.

But I'd not call hating this lack of taste 'prejudice'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)