Fluorescent light fault finding

I'm fairly sure I remember seeing, long long ago, a wiring diagram for a different type of starter which worked on a different principle.

It had contacts which initially were closed. It had a small heater in it rather than using a gas discharge.

Can't remember any more than that.

Might have been connected differently to the fluorescent tube.

So maybe your understanding related to an older scheme no longer in use.

Reply to
Windmill

That sounds like the old 4-pin thermal starter - obsolete since the

1960s, if not before.

No, I'd just misunderstood how a glow starter works!

Reply to
Andy Wade