Floor wall tiling

I am about to tile the walls and floor in bathroom. Should the walls (plasterboard) and the `overboarding` on the floor be PVA coated before tiling?

Reply to
ss

yes, if you don't want the tiles to stick :) Read the destructions & follow, some do say to PVA first but lay while it's wet. But if you apply & let it dry, PVA forms a slick surface.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Also if its anything like some cheaply made houses near me, the wall was so weak, any impact on the other side tended to make a tile or two fall off in the bathroom. Maybe somebody needs to design bendable tiles? grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message <qfa399$liv$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

Use shower board. Similar cost to ceramic tiling and doesn't suffer from mould on grout lines.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

No. Just use waterproofed grout

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No need on plasterboard. If you use a decent adhesive. (Remember buying some Wickes brand stuff which was rubbish.)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I used shower board in the other shower so wanting tiles on this one. The shower board looks nice but did find it a bit awkward to fit (on my own) I maybe made the tolerences a bit too tight as I cut to fit the shower cubicle and tiled the rest.

Reply to
ss