Flooded Cars?..

The lady running a sandwich shop in Pontypridd said the granite worktop in the shop needed 5 big blokes to carry it in.

The flood water just pushed it off.

Reply to
Andrew

The problem is, those cars aren't flooded with clean water, even though it is from a river. The amount of fine mud and silt in the water is what makes cleaning nigh on impossible because this infiltrates all the seat fabrics and stuffing, the carpets, soundproofing, everywhere.

Hence the news shots of people sweeping out a layer of sticky gooey mud (and sewage) from flooded properties.

Reply to
Andrew

In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, T i m snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk> writes

Sounds like the sort of prat who gets off road driving a bad name.

Reply to
bert

Water is denser than air so that lump of granite will weigh(*) over a

1/3 less in water than in air.

(*) Don't confuse weight with mass.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My daughter's two cars were replaced like for like after Fishlake.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Lithium ion batteries do not contain elemental lithium

It's a lithium salt, and they are sealed

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That water waste gets everywhere!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So three big scuba divers and one wimpy one?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Nissan do.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I didn't say it was. The comment was to waylay the uninformed comment re the 'school boy' reaction of lithium and water.

Clearly it wasn't clear enough for you and others.

That aside, the Lithium Ions, present in the various chemicals depending on the chemistry of the particular battery, can be an issue.

Still, you are free to ignore such things and treat Lithium batteries as you please.

Reply to
Brian Reay

In article <r2ev44$e89$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>, Andrew <Andrew97d- snipped-for-privacy@mybtinternet.com scribeth thus

We used to supply handportable radios to most of the colleges in Cambridge. The number of them that went into the river!!!!

If they were retrieved within a few hours and then washed out yes washed and rinsed in distilled water and dried out well, they were usually OK afterwards.

Much more than a day and they were well on their way corroding we did once try an experiment of dunking one that had a serious fault into tap water no damage after three days or so. The impurities and other stuff its a wonder the fish live in there!.

As to sewage in houses a believe a lot of that comes up via the drains that right or not?...

Reply to
tony sayer

I do and have been for nearly 20 years

Water has never been an issue in the 100 or so packs that have pased through my hads

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article <AR3j6uDtE$ snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk>, tony sayer snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk> writes

yes

Reply to
bert

:-)

Reply to
Andrew

Copart.

And then bought up by a scrap dealer either as a fixer-upper or to part out.

Plenty of Water/Flood showing up here:

Theo

Reply to
Theo
<snip>

Aww, berk, are you jealous (as well as being too stupid to snip)?

1) It was a 'fun' closed course [1] for people of all skill and experience levels (inc none, so you could also have had a go if you wanted). ;-) 2) You were invited to 'run what you brung' ... and the only exception was the (presumably joke?) sign at the gate saying 'No Freelanders'. 3) Several vehicles had to get recovered because they got stuck somewhere or broke stuff (holding everyone up). 4) BIL did a good job for his first time, even impressing a couple of the marshals on the more complex bits (and given the limitations of his Disco). 5) He got a good cheer from the audience on the final water splash (and that was the point / goal). 6) On the second (of two) lap I managed to also get some video from the outside so he could enjoy seeing all the axle articulation and a feel for the angle of the assents / descents.

A good day out enjoyed by all. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] But you knew that eh?
Reply to
T i m

In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, T i m snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk> writes

He's still a prat.

Reply to
bert

Actually, you did. It was in the sentence you snipped:

"While I?m aware Lithium and water isn?t a good mix, I?d have thought if the battery was flooded and anything bad was going to happen it would have happened before anyone had a chance to drain it."

I'm not sure you understand what you write.

If the above represents your knowledge of EV batteries, I suggest you don't buy a car fitted with them.

Reply to
Spike

Your inability to comprehend simple statements is getting worse.

I suggest you refrain from making yourself look stupid.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Heavy night, was it? Take more water with it.

Reply to
Spike