floodcheck valve - any experiences?

website offers an automatic stop c*ck that turns off the water if the flow rate is above a chosen threshold or the water has flowed for too long (user defined).

These seems like a good idea. Has anyone fitted one of these? Did it work OK?

Robert (no connection to floodcheck)

Reply to
RobertL

RobertL coughed up some electrons that declared:

I've got one for testing (just the valve unit). They have the advantage of being a fancy washing machine valve in MOMO form (they are operated by a pulse - one polarity to turn on, reverse to turn off) though the website does claim reasonable flow rates.

I'm considering using them to control my rads as normal 1/2" MOMO valves are hard to get in 12V or 24V and are expensive.

Reply to
Tim S