Flickering light since blown bulb & fuse

Hi all,

My bathroom light halogen bulb (1 of 3 on a centre light mounting - bathroom-safe) came to the end of its life and popped, throwing the main lighting tripswitch/fuse.

When I reset the fuse and put a new bulb in, I notice that ever since then the entire lighting rig in that room only, flickers now and then. It's on a pull-cord, and the flickering is like what happens when you pull the cord down slightly but not all the way.

Any ideas where to look for the fault?

Reply to
Chris Tomlinson

The ceiling mounted cord operated light switch might be knackered.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Mm. Probably a switch or contact has arced a bit under the high load and become unreliable.

In my electronics days, this usually involved srpaying the boards with freeze spray until we found the general area, then a bit of wiggling or close inspection found the bad connection.

Try careful wiggling of switches and junction boxes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Fri, 12 May 2006 00:34:36 GMT someone who may be "Chris Tomlinson" wrote this:-

No such thing as safe with electricity.

Safer than something else, but not safe.

Reply to
David Hansen

Fault may be any of the items involved. Where to look seems to obvious to say. Get yourself a multimeter and test it, theres no way youre going to know what part the problem is otherwise..

NT

Reply to
meow2222