Flashing Beacon or Light

Anyone know where I can get a 230v flashing beacon or light for outside use? I can find plenty of 12v ones, but I need 230v.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

RS do them, dunno if the URL will work.

not, go to RS and search on "flashing beacon 230v", which is what the URL is meant to do.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Yes.

RS sell them.

I have one in a circuit hooked up to my dust extractor which warns when the bin is nearly full.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:24:31 +0100, "The Medway Handyman" mused:

I've got one in my shed, been there for a while. Might sell it if it's worth something. ;)

Reply to
Lurch

Who's going to want your shed, Lurch?

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Thu, 31 May 2007 23:06:33 +0100, Andy Hall mused:

Someone with a lot of stuff that's sat in their garden getting wet. ;)

Reply to
Lurch

Should be easy to find that in Shropshire, and certainly North Wales. The Llangollen Eisteddfod is coming up, so I reckon if you rolled up there with your shed, you would get loads of takers.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Someone who wants a 230V flashing beacon, obviously. Why bother breaking in, when it's easier just to take the shed.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Dont tell me, youre going to sell cordless tools, and will wear this on your head to attract attention to your sandwich board and illustrate the advantage of cordless tools at the same time.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

A mains light to illustrate the advantage of cordless tools?

Many moons ago I sold a ride on battery operated sweeping machine to a local factory. They wanted a flashing beacon on it, so for a laugh my oppo fixed one to a hard hat & fitted a socket to the machine so it could be plugged in.

Everybody thought it was really funny, except the H&S man.........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They have no sense of humour.

Most are failed civil servants.

Reply to
Andy Hall

What is measured to do this?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

There is a special sensor mounted on the side of the bin which has a very slow turning synchronous motor and a paddle inside the bin itself. There is a sprung mechanism between the motor and the paddle which when the paddle becomes obstructed by chips and sawdust, a microswitch is operated. This causes the beacon to flash. Because it's up in the corner is not directly visible, but its flashes can be seen reflected from the walls without being distracting. I then have time to complete the cut and empty the bin.

is a generic switch that can be used to sense level for most dry materials. There are various paddles and sensors and it becomes a matter of choosing the right one.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Cool, thankyou for the explanation etc. I can certainly see the use of it even though I only have an Earlex combi vac plus. Which reminds me, I need to check how full it is..

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby