fixing timber cladding to concrete block garden wall - nail gun?

as per title - how would I fix "decorative" treated timber to a low concrete block garden wall?

Ideally I'm imagining a nail gun for speed - but what sort of brads/ nails are needed for secure fixing and longevity?

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I think I'd screw batons into the wall and nail the timber to them.

Reply to
Fredxx

If it's only lightweight decorative timber, would one of the epoxy or polyester based adhesives that comes in big sealant-gun tubes do the job?

Reply to
RustyCrampon

You can now get galvanised self tapping masonary screws - drill a hole, then screw them in without a plug. Seemed to work well fixing the joist hangers to concrete block walls for my shed. They are fairly meaty, though.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

I did this ot the bottom couple of weatherboards on my recent workshop. The concrete floor was contained within a low concrete block wall. I used the plastic spacers from Screwfix to space the timbers off the concrete and ordinary screws.

Rob.

Reply to
robgraham