Fixing a leak in a plasic overflow pipe

I have a very slow leak coming out of the edge of a straight connector connecting 2 segments of plastic overflow pipe (dunno why, I put enough glue in). It would be very awkward to replace the connector; since the leak is slow, is it repairable, and if so, how? For example, just liberally smearing silicone sealant around the edge of the connector, or is there something better?

Any ideas (not involving the pipe and my bottom) welcomed!

Reply to
Richard Clay

Find some thin solvent-weld PVC cement and a small brush, and trickle some into the ends of the fitting. If you have reasonable access to it, then this should be easy.

If it's an overflow, how about fixing whatever is causing the overflow?

Reply to
Andy Dingley