Fitting Wood Floor Cost

I know this is a DIY group, but some jobs scare me.

I am going to put 40m2 of wood flooring down, not including the cost of the wood, membrane, etc, how much do you think a floor fitter would charge.

It is a fairly uncomplicated room layout.

Any rough estimates would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
KiTT

£15 per square metre, but that's going back a few years.
Reply to
Graz

All down to how you book them!

In terms of price /sqm I have seen from £15-60. Yup around £60/sqm. That does include the bits needed, but that was at a premium flooring place.

The alternative is to book a joiner and pay a day rate, which will probably be somewhere in the £120-150 region. As long as everything is ready, 40m2 should be practic in a day, as long as there is not too much awkward fitting.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Thanks Paul & Graz - that gives me something to go on.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
KiTT

They will normally want to know how many doors the room has - since this is where all the awkward fitting is.

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah