Fitting freestanding gas cooker to replace separate hob & oven

Hi all we have a separate hob and built in oven, both gas, mounted directly above each other in old but servicable kitchen units. Width is 60cm.

I am looking at replacing both, and it looks like the easiest thing would be to replace both with a single free-standing oven/cooker. I am having a think about what would be involved in doing this.

I presume the work involved would be:

- cut the worktop away to form a 60cm gap; tart up edges

- cut the base of the cabinet away to form a 60cm gap

- perhaps reinforce the base of the adjacent units where the old base used to 'run through'

- cut the foot board (?) away

- slide in new appliance, Bob's your uncle

Is there anything else that might need to be done? I have a jigsaw and a Bosch multitool, both of which seem like they would be needed. I am wondering about cutting the work surface flush back to the rear wall; seems like it might be tricky in situ?

Thanks Jon N

Reply to
jkn