Fitting Bib tap - thread preparation

Might be worth getting a tube of Fernox LS-X or some similar joint sealer, needs time to set but quicker than faffing with tape ;)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

If using jointing compound put on the thread of the tap so excess is squeezed out of the joint, not inside.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Teflon is actually a rather good lubricant.

Reply to
Rob Morley

PTFE tape will make it easier to unscrew.

Loctite on the other hand..........................................!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Bosswhite jointing compound will. Don't use it too sparingly, though.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain Van der Walde

I'm not going to keep repeating myself, but I'll say it one last time. There is no need for any PTFE, joining compound, hemp, spit, glue, silicone or any other crap in a compression joint. Make the joint properly and it won't leak.

Reply to
Grunff

Yes. Agreed.

But if you *don't* make the joint properly then until you have the replacement parts/pipe etc. to hand a bit of PTFE will often get you through...

Thats what 'bodge' means.

Reply to
PC Paul