Fitting a replacement gas hob

To stick up for him a little I think he meant that there had been thousands of court cases - not that there had been thousands of court cases about diy gas fitting.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

I'm fairly sure such case(s) would have been reported in the CORGI comic "Gas Installer".

AFAIK they have only been reporting the usual crop of unregistered bodgers who get fined serious money for not being registerered and/or pretending to be so.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Wrong. Doesn't.

And please look this up before replying.

Reply to
Huge

It really is a matter of judgement. As I say in the FAQ competence is related to the job in hand. We have the same type of discussion of electrical work. If someone asks which colour goes where they are probably needing some help with the subject. If they are asking about, say, how to add an intermediate switch for coridor lighting they obvoiusly are competant.

Its the same with gas if they start asking what fittings to use to connect a gas hob, or why can't they use plastic pipe then they are not competant. OTOH If they wanted to know how big a pipe to use for a 25kW boiler then it shows a basic knowledge of the subject.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Which I'm sure we would all agree is a good thing.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Well, if you make such claims the onus is rather on you to support them with evidence. Others have provided evidence to the contrary on a number of occasions.

Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Sorry mate, can't be arsed. It'll only make the thread go on forever and I just can't be doing with it.

Reply to
PJO