Thanks a lot for all of the useful info. I have learned a lot and
been able to check some more details. In no particular order:
- I appreciate that the tank will need strong support. The current one
is lifted up on a strong (4x2 or so) table. The top is slatted, so it
looks like I will have to put some WPB on top to support the plastic
- The measurements of the old tank are very close to those of the
Polytank 25Gallon tank - it looks like that is the replacement to go
with. I am pretty sure this will go through the access hole.
- I appreciate all the comments about having to cut the old tank up, or
leaving up there etc. I will probably leave it up in the loft to begin
with, to await a rainy day...
- The inlet and outlet pipes are copper, at least some are 28mm I
think. I am now resigned to having to rework the pipework at least a
little. I will spend some time working out any change in layout and
what fittings this might need. I guess I want to be doubly sure that I
have everything in place before setting out on this work, I don't want
to be a washer short on a Sunday afternoon...
A couple of further questions:
- what does one use to cut holes in the tank for the tank connectors
etc. Yeah, I know, a 'Tank Cutter'. I have a 'step' drill bit which
goes up to 30mm or so, would that do?
- I have read that one should put gate valves in the outlets (cold
water taps and DHW). is this recommended by the team?