First Time Angle Grinder

One of the people I work with had a shed that needed to be cleared out. Unfortunately it was locked shut with a large padlock through a substantial hasp. And she did not have a key.

Eventually I overheard her calling locksmiths. £59.95. £49.95. £79.95. You get the picture. So I piped up that if it were mine I would try cutting the padlock with an angle grinder.

Next day, turned up with my 4.5" grinder with a metal cutting disc fitted (and face shield and ear defenders). She took it home. And today arrived back at work triumphant with a neatly cut padlock. Took her around a minute.

Well done, I say, for a first outing with the dreaded machine. I think she was more scared of being arrested for breaking and entering.

Now she is thinking about buying one for herself... Less cost than a single locksmith callout for a quality one.

Reply to
Rod

I'm sure there's a good chat-up line to be had somewhere... "Wanna come back and see my *angle grinder*?" in a deep sexy voice

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

They sealed their future when he promised to place a diamond ring on her engagement finger. She was overjoyed.

Then her joy turned to dismay. The "ring" turned out to be a diamond cutting disc, 3 for £9.95 from Aldi.

;-)

Reply to
Bruce

If that had been the aim, I'd have offered to cut the padlock off myself!

(Would have offered help anyway, but she lives quite a long way away.)

Reply to
Rod

Well Done that Girl. I just hope she understands the dangers. Many of which I have seen over the years. Lovely tool when you are in control.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Reply to
Old Git

I did my best in the short handover to explain - and provide the basic safety gear. And she is very bright.

Reply to
Rod

Nah, I'm pressure washing my hair...

Reply to