Fireproofing when boxing in

I'm running a load of cables and pipes up a corner of my kitchen, and boxing it all in. Are there any fireproofing requirements?

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

If you make holes in things that ought to be fireproof. A tube of intumescent filler (Screwfix et al) should see you right.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Well I'm not making any holes, because there's no ceiling at the moment!

I guess I can stick a bit of plasterboard over the boxed in section, and seal that appropriately, and then leave the plastered to sort out the rest.

I'm assuming that a kitchen ceiling has to be fireproof. I had a look at part B, but it was like trying to find out how to wire a plug by reading part P. Is there a better document to look at?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf