Firefox

They open fine in Chrome so, now that I've imported bookmarks and passwords, I don't think I'll be going back.

Reply to
stuart noble

Yes that is a little odd...

"Show all Bookmarks" seems to include what manage did...

Reply to
John Rumm

FF4 wraps plugins like acrobat in a separate process[1] now so that if it crashes, it does not take the browser down with it.

[1] why you see an exe called plugin_container.exe spawned for each such plugin.
Reply to
John Rumm

Have a watch of:

John Rumm

End result is it doesn't work though

Reply to
stuart noble

This shouldn't affect Acrobat. By default only Flash, Quicktime and Silverlight are exiled to the plugin container

Reply to
Andy Burns

National Lottery site doesn't work in FF4 but is OK in Chrome

Reply to
Bob Martin

Seems to work ok for me...

Reply to
John Rumm

En el artículo , Bill escribió:

You mean 'Bookmarks/Bookmark All Tabs', yes? It's moved; if you right- click on any tab a menu pops up, and one of the options is Bookmark All Tabs.

A very handy feature which I use a lot.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Man at B&Q escribió:

Tools/Addons/Plugins, disable the Acrobat plug-in. Next time you click on a PDF link you'll be offered the option to open it in a separate Acrobat window. The browser integration is crap (where's the page count, for a start?)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Thanks. Will try that

Reply to
stuart noble

Also in general preferences there is a page (applications) that tells you how to deal with odd extensions. Look for PDF in that and configure to use whatever external program you prefer. But for sure switch of 'use internal plugin ' bit.

In Linux that's edit->preferences->applications.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

Yep, that's the one. I had, of course right-clicked almost everywhere else.

And thanks to others for the other guidance.

Firefox's help files are either very poor or wrong.

Reply to
Bill