Feet heating mat under desk?

My feet are cold. Rather than heating the whole room andor house, where can I get an under desk heating mat like this canadian one, http://www.tesco-shopping.com/Cozy_heaters.htm and are they any good?
[g]

Garden cetres google warming mat
SWMBO swears by footwarmers - eg the Beurer FW20 Electric Fleece Foot Warmer http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4433996.htm .
ISTM they would be more cost-effective than a "mat". But the downside is that there is a risk of fall until the user learns to remove feet before walkiong away from the desk. Empirical evidence from a sample of one is that the learning period is very short.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:17:47 +0100, george [dicegeorge] wrote:

Wear two pairs of socks? Simple, cheap to run...
--
Cheers
Dave.

Actually socks do not work. It seems that you need to at least generate a bit of heat to get the feet to start to warm up. Brian
--
Brian Gaff - snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

insoles with some heat reflecting material do help.
--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:17:00 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Socks work for me, even if I've been daft enough to let my feet get very cold. Pull on a second pair (thick woolly walking boot type socks) and within minutes the feet are no longer a couple of ice cubes.
--
Cheers
Dave.

On 27/10/2011 20:51, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I suffer from cold feet - poor circulation in the legs according to the quack - and wear bed socks most of the year so socks work for me. Of course the poorer the circulation the less blood getting to the feet and hence the less heat for the insulation to keep in.
--
Roger Chapman

<AOL>
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 9th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3177
RIP, Dennis Ritchie. One of the giants on whose shoulders Steve
On 28/10/11 08:34, Huge wrote:

AOL ???
    Acronym Over Load ???

http://catb.org/jargon/html/A/AOL-.html
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 9th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3177
RIP, Dennis Ritchie. One of the giants on whose shoulders Steve
george [dicegeorge] wrote:

"Me too"
From the habit America On Line users had when they first got access to usenet of quoting the complete thread, then adding "Me too" or "I agree with that post" as their entire contribution to the thread.
Also see :-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:17:47 +0100, "george [dicegeorge]"

I just fill an old-fashioned hot water bottle, put it on the floor and rest my feet on it.
Nick
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:36:59 +0100, Nick Odell

I use an old fashioned (Victorian ?) stone coloured pot one with a rounded off triangular cross section.
OTOH Maplin have a range of rubbishy, cheap and cheerful, electrically heated garments that might even include slippers.
On "sale" about half the time.
Derek G
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:17:47 +0100, "george [dicegeorge]"
Similarly here, on a concrete floor. I used an old foam chair cushion to rest my tootsies on.