Feedback: new tap on kitchen sink

Just some feedback (and a confession of yet another "doh" moment by me) regarding a new kitchen-sink tap.

I installed the new kitchen circa 1999, and the tap that came with the stainless steel sink cost in the region of =A3100 (couldn't believe at the time that a tap could cost so much - sigh).

It all looked classy, but the quarter-turn controls on the tap were a swine when your hands were wet. As you operated the controls your thumb would slip off the control and be damned sore.

So with money tight for the last 6 years we tolerated the bad design until a couple of months ago when the tether came to an end.

Hubby and Wife traipses into B&Q and stand bewildered at the array of taps. Much to the dislike of the other shoppers, we commandeered the floor space in front of the taps and then systematically eliminated the ones that wouldn't do.

My (casting) vote was for a shiny modern tap with old-style "x" ends on the hot and cold spindles. Then in a true "Andy" moment I proclaimed "That One".

Similar money to last time, but no hand slip envisaged on the new tap.

Swapping over the taps isn't instantaneous, but a couple of quiet and methodical hours later the new tap is in and works fine.

Then it dawns on me: the horizontal distance between the vertical "up" stem of the tap and over the curve to the "down" bit is much shorter than the old tap. So IF you have the water turned on quite fast it spills directly into the sink bowl, but a lesser rate mean that the water dribbles down on to the edging of the sink.... aaaaaargh!

Too late to change things; don't want to go back to the old one; mark it down to experience.

So if I can alert any others to consider this distance then my own misfortune might be diluted!

Regards

Mungo :-)

Reply to
mungoh