Faulty VHS

I've got two VHS players. One works fine.

The other is a Philips VR 608. Been used very little. It was bought purely to play NTSC VHS tapes - my main machine, a Panasonic S-VHS wouldn't.

On powering up, get the welcome screen. Can select the setup menu too. Connected via SCART, selecting that input routes the TV video and audio back to the TV. Tape loads and runs - but no pic or audio. Checked the combi head with a baby bud and AF spray - perfectly clean - as is the entire inside.

With something that age I'd suspect the PS, a SMPS. But no test points marked on the PCB. But since the electronics mostly work and the motors etc too, could there be one supply not working?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

"Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

Is there an output to SCART control?

Reply to
JohnP

Only video output is SCART. And proved that works as you can select the VCR menu. But it also gives a start up message.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Sounds more like switching at fault. Is it mechanical or one of those awful diode switching gizmos. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It's quite a late VHS (replays NTSCC). Mechanical ones much older.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News