FAO: any gas fitter

Not for me this one, but a colleague in work has a boiler than bangs whenever the DHW kicks in (although it's alright with the heating side)

Thoughts welcome (common causes ?)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

1) Kettling due to reduced primary circuit flow and lack of inhibitor. 2) Internal thermostat has become insensitive and operating at higher than intended tempratures.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

What make & model is it? What sort of bang: is it as it ignites, or while the main burner is running?

If it's a combi I'd think about incorrect ignition and modulating burners: if it's not lighting cleanly but starting up at a low gas rate on CH but full bore on DHW you might get an ignition bang loudly on DHW but less/not noticeably on CH.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thanks for the replies Ed / John - unfortunately I have no further info at present, as my colleague is off until (I think) next Wednesday...

Reply to
Colin Wilson