Valliant over presssure on heating system

... Winters coming and the boilers acting up .. think its a GB 242 E

I getting a high pressure on the heating system , which is lifting the safety valve .. when the system cools the standing pressure is 1/2 >

3/4 bar ,

Its a combie boiler with a accumulator located at the back , So I assume the 'gas' has leaked out of the accumulator , or the water leaked in ..

QQQ can it be 'pumped up' or is it a sealed unit ... any quick fix ??

if it has to be changed , asume it bolt up job, looks like the boiler is mounted on a frame that is fixed to the wall , frame has stop valves ..

Tnx

G ..

Reply to
Graham

Usually has a tyre valve to pump it up. If water comes out of the valve, the the diaphram is split and it's had it.

Providing it's not leaking water out of its casing, you can just ignore it and fit another one in the pipework. Generally, they should be positioned not too far from the pump inlet.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yep. diaphragm holed.

Hit the shader valve and see if water comes out. If not check the pressure with foot pump. Then if low pump it up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

..... Ok ,

Thanks for the info ,,, just one thing , where is the valve located ??? .. and what sort of pressure is needed if you pump it up ???

Failing that , presume you can still buy the parts , I only fitted the replacement for the 'plastic' heat exchanger last year as well ...

G ..

Reply to
Graham

Just after I skipped my (working) 242E I expect

Reply to
geoff

Read the Sealed CH FAQ. Everything you need to know on this subject is in there.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

quoted text -

Thanks for the links ,

That looks like the situation ... only thing I cannot see the 'pump up' valve ...

Reply to
Graham

quoted text -

Reply to
Ed Sirett

quoted text -

quoted text -

OK ..... Ill have a closer look , I can get to the l/h side , from the front , and the bottom, but the r/h is up against the woodwork ..

Tnx

G ..

Reply to
Graham

quoted text -

quoted text -

In which case plan 'B' as per faq: add vessel elsewhere.

Reply to
Ed Sirett