Valliant over presssure on heating system

... Winters coming and the boilers acting up .. think its a GB 242 E
I getting a high pressure on the heating system , which is lifting the
safety valve .. when the system cools the standing pressure is 1/2 >
3/4 bar ,
Its a combie boiler with a accumulator located at the back , So I
assume the 'gas' has leaked out of the accumulator , or the water
leaked in ..
QQQ can it be 'pumped up' or is it a sealed unit ... any quick fix ??
if it has to be changed , asume it bolt up job, looks like the
boiler is mounted on a frame that is fixed to the wall , frame has
stop valves ..
Tnx
G ..
Reply to
Graham
In article , Graham writes:
Usually has a tyre valve to pump it up. If water comes out of the valve, the the diaphram is split and it's had it.
Providing it's not leaking water out of its casing, you can just ignore it and fit another one in the pipework. Generally, they should be positioned not too far from the pump inlet.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
Yep. diaphragm holed.
Hit the shader valve and see if water comes out. If not check the pressure with foot pump. Then if low pump it up.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel
..... Ok ,
Thanks for the info ,,, just one thing , where is the valve located ??? .. and what sort of pressure is needed if you pump it up ???
Failing that , presume you can still buy the parts , I only fitted the replacement for the 'plastic' heat exchanger last year as well ...
G ..
Reply to
Graham
quoted text -
Thanks for the links ,
That looks like the situation ... only thing I cannot see the 'pump up' valve ...
Reply to
Graham
quoted text - >> >> - Show quoted text - > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > > Thanks for the links , > > That looks like the situation ... only thing I cannot see the 'pump > up' valve ... > >>>>>> anyone know where the valve is located ,
Reply to
Ed Sirett
quoted text -
quoted text -
OK ..... Ill have a closer look , I can get to the l/h side , from the front , and the bottom, but the r/h is up against the woodwork ..
Tnx
G ..
Reply to
Graham
quoted text -
quoted text -
In which case plan 'B' as per faq: add vessel elsewhere.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

Site Timeline Threads