Faded paint effect

Hi all. I want to paint a ceiling cornice in a deep brown colour but I was thinking of achieving a 'faded' or 'worn' finish effect. Anyone got any tips for this?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Vandyke crystals are used to age paper and cotton. Might be worth a try with a clear varnish on top.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Charity shop, any of the vast range of books on the topic, mostly by Jocasta Innes

Then practice on faked up samples of the same paint. Most of the techniques are fairly simple, but they do need some practice to gain a "light touch".

Reply to
Andy Dingley