Extractor shutters

No idea. Probably a 'trade' one. I'll see if it has a name on it - ok its a 'Newlec' - Newey and Eyre's rebadged special.

is the model, but Newey and Eyre have gone Rexel and all 'trade only'

Prolly around £35

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I made a hood for mine. It has the cross-section of a right-angled triangle (kind of like a wedge of cheese), having a max depth of about

6" at the low point, and fixed (obviously) so it covers the fan exhaust. This reduced wind rattling to zero, except in winds coming from the North, when it clatters much less than it did. Also keeps the rain off it. (Cost nothing - all bits out of the shed.)

J.

Reply to
Another John

OK, thanks I'll have a look.

I thought Rexel only made staplers, but WTH...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Have you considered a cowl and keeping the working fan?

Parents have one on their 1st floor apartment by the coast. They have never had a problem.

Reply to
ARW

Rexel will serve the public but usually at a price. They are more set up for bigger order/big spenders.

Reply to
ARW

Yes - that's what I was trying to describe when I said about mine, up-thread. Except mine is about a foot square (from the front) and is made of stout plywood, so is less inclined to fidegt about itself, in the gales.

Another John

I know that now - sorry I had for some reason not seen your post when I posted.

But when installing on the 1st floor and it's half a floor up to ground floor outside on the ladders I decided on a plastic cowl and no more nails:-)

I had to replace it after about 12 years when it was mysteriously broken on exactly the same day the cavity wall insulation was installed.

Reply to
ARW

Umm.. It's a prominent location next to our usual access. 6" so not discreet. I'm toying with the idea of a plywood trial to see if the suction effect remains.

Reply to
Tim Lamb