External Oil Boilers

Can anyone recommend a good External Oil combi bolier?

We currently have a Heatslave 12/14 in our cellar but we're planning on turning that room in to a bathroom so the boiler has got to go, the only room we have is outside, so I'm looking for an external combi. Is the Worchester Camray 90 External any good? I'm not sure whether it has a demand hot water store or not, it would be a pain if it didn't, I know the Grant External Combi does, but would rather go with Worchester.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
fancyabrew

cant you build a small lean to affair on the side of the house and house your exisiting boiler in there? My brother did this ten years ago with his heatslave and its been fine !

Reply to
Staffbull

if only twas that simple! I live in a conservation area so you can't even fart without planning permission

Reply to
fancyabrew

Unless you are in a grade 1 listed I would have thought a small lean to built in keeping with the house would be OK, you are allowed a certain amount for expansion anyhoo :-)

Or build a porch, you should be allowed a 3sq m porch without regs but with permission and stick it in there.

I know people who have built cosiderable extensions to property in the Snowdonia national park (Conservation area and area of outstanding national beauty and owt else !!) So you might find ure local BCO can sort you out

Reply to
Staffbull

Would you not have the same problem with an external boiler then? Chances are it is going to be at least as ugly as a nicely done "boiler house".

Reply to
John Rumm

nope don't need PP for an external boiler but I would if I was to build anything, whihc adds to the cost and hassle.

John Rumm wrote:

Reply to
fancyabrew