extending kitchen but not wiring buildings control?

We currently have a kitchen that has a brick built flat concrete roofed coal house and toilet at the back of it. we intend to knock through the kitchen and the toilet/coal house to double the size of the kitchen. we are planning on doing it in two stages. stage one knocking through and making good and stage two probably a year or so later replacing the kitchen units und using the extension proper. at the moment we don't have a clue where the units will eventually go so we do not want to put any wiring in the extension at all. has anyone done this before and had problems with building control? do building control expect to see a completed project eg building and electric's?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Paul,They will allow you to do it in stages, You contact them or send in one of their cards at each stage.

Reply to
r0n

On Wed, 25 May 2005 15:46:26 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named "Paul" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Yes, but there's no limit on the time you can take to complete the whole project. If you take a few years, you may be asked every few months if you've completed the work.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula