Combi Boiler Install

This may be a Basic Question to most - but - Are there easily understood install instructions with the average COMBI Boiler.

Reply to
r0n

This may be a bit of an obvious question but here goes - Are the installation instructions that come with the average Combi easy (for the Diyer) to understand

Reply to
r0n

How easily understood depends on your knowledge and experience. Most manufacturers have their installation manuals available for download from their websites so you can check out what's involved before you commit to a particular one.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

No. To be able to install one, you need to have a lot of knowledge about gas appliances and how to safely install them. You need to know how to test for leaks, how to make good joints that won't leak. How to test pressures. How to test flues. How to use an exhaust gas analyser and lots of other things. It isn't like installing a fridge freezer.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

They all seem to be downloadable from manufacturer's websites, so take a look for yourself. They are fine for a compitent DIYer, but unless you've installed heating systems before, you'll also need to do a lot of other reading and some more basic plumbing. Remember the instructions only cover the boiler, and there's a lot more to a heating and hot water system than just the boiler itself.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Most are easy enough. If any problems ask here.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

My Vaillant came with the burners factory preset, and the instructions said that there should be no need to alter them. Even the variation in back pressure caused by the installer needing to install a flue appropriate to his own circumstances was nulled out by altering a break-away baffle in the flue outlet according to an easy to understand calculation in the instructions, based on length of flue and number of elbows.

Sticking my neck out, I would say that the Vaillant products do not need an exhaust gas analyser. As long as the flue back pressure baffle is adjusted accordingly, and the gas pressure at the combi is 20mBar +/- 1 mBar when it is in use then the unit is already set to go. Of course, it might be nice to use a flue gas analyser anyway just for confirmation, but I certainly didn't bother.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece