Extending a ring circuit

Right.

Got that.

So the bedroom floor is coming up tomorrow to break into the ring up there, drop down into the room below and then go back up again. A pain, but it needs to be right.

Thanks to all for their help.

I was thinking of saying that, but in the end dismissed it as too complicated given the number of "ifs" and "buts"... ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried to work out what goes where but it involves too many assumptions (and previous ones have already proved to be wrong) to be sure.

A lot of older houses have a single ring main for upstairs and down. If yours has separate rings I wouldn't confuse things by having a downstairs socket on an upstairs ring.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

It's a single ring for upstairs and down, but thanks for pointing it out!

Yes, if in doubt this is best avoided. Unless you're absolutely sure what goes where you could end up with no power to some sockets or a couple of spurs with _lots_ of sockets on them :-(

Reply to
Mike Clarke