Evostick Serious Glue

Also the Aliphatic resins like Titebond. Hide glue, Cascamite/Extramite resin glues, Aerolite/Urea-formaldehyde.

Complex task an FAQ.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Are there two types of polyurethane glue then? I use Titebond Polyurethane Glue from Axminster and it does foam. The spec says; "Polyurethane glues cure by moisture and an effervescence is a by-product of this".

Is there one that doesn't foam?

Titebond polyurethane is a seriously good glue for all sorts of things, not just wood.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I used Araldite all my working life and in my opinion nothing else comes near.

Screwfix sells small quantities :

Bob Martin

Presumably rubber resin is a solvent glue? Or is it a mix of 2 types? Whatever it is, its pretty tough and flexible.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Hello. As we're writing about glues, what glue would be most suitable for sticking memory foam to memory foam? I have a "structured" mattress topper made of memory foam. The structuring consists of different size square areas of foam. To make the squares, _grooves_ have been cut into the foam. I've recently noticed that on a few of these grooves (at the bottom), the foam is beginning to break apart. This is only slight at the moment. I would like to glue narrow strips of foam to the bottom of the grooves, in the hope that the small damage present now will not _spread_.

Thanks in advance.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE